Below is the TA’s [Town Administrator] summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen’s meeting of October 2, 2017. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board. Read the meeting packet.
October 2, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1. Organization / Read Mail
– MassDEP recycling grant award of $4,900
– NVTHS ribbon-cutting with Governor Charlie Baker – Wed 10/11/17
– Mass.Police Accreditation for Littleton Police Department – Thu 10/12/17
– Massachusetts Green Careers Conference – Thu 10/5/17 – Town Administrator Bergman to make presentations.
– New Open Meeting Law regulations – Town Counsel briefing
– Attorney General belatedly approves 5/1/17 ATM Art. 13 temporary zoning moratorium on recreational marijuana
– Littleton Highway SeeClickFix is live
– Request from Brett & Kara Jeffries, 3 Manchester Drive, to acquire a portion of Town owned tax title property abutting theirs.
2A. Master Plan Implementation Committee: Funds for Littleton Common master plan, comprehensive zoning review: (1) 10/30/17 STM Art. 12 (B); (2) Mass. EOEEA planning assistance grant application
(1)The Board of Selectmen voted to support October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting Article 12, Item B for $80,000 to be expended by the Master Plan Implementation Committee costs associated with implementation of the master plan, including development of a master plan for Littleton Common and a comprehensive review of the Zoning Bylaw.
(2) The Board of Selectmen voted authorize the Master Plan Implementation Committee to submit an application to the Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs under its Planning Assistance Grants program for $50,000 for development of a master plan for Littleton Common and a comprehensive review of the Zoning Bylaw.
3. Public Input / Members’ Updates
– Schedule People Against Substance Abuse for Selectmen’s next regular meeting.
4. October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting – Adopt article recommendations – The Board of Selectmen voted to support the following article in the October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting and direct the preparation of motions to be moved and seconded by said board: Article 12, Item A, School Curb & Sidewalk Repairs, $99,000.
5. Public Hearing: Road Layout: McIntosh Lane (10/30/17 STM Art. 16) – The Board of Selectmen voted to continue to October 23, 2017 the public hearing on the layout of the private way known as “McIntosh Lane.” See punch list of items to be completed by the developer.
6. Public Hearing: Couper Farm Parcels: Proposed Transfer of Ownership to Town for Recreational, Conservation, Agricultural, and Housing (10/30/17 STM Art. 9) – The Board of Selectmen voted to support October 30, 2017 Article 9, Transfer Ownership of Couper Farm Parcels to Town of Littleton, and to direct preparation of a motion thereunder for the following purposes of each of those parcels: Open Space Area “A” for active recreational purposes, and shall be maintained in the meantime for agricultural purposes as determined by the Board of Selectmen; Open Space Areas “B” and “C” for agricultural purposes under care, custody, and control of the Board of Selectmen; Open Space Area “D” for open space and/or agricultural purposes, and Lot A for affordable housing purposes and/or such other public use as determined by the Board of Selectmen.
7A. Police & Fire Departments: Accept $3,500 Gifts from Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) – The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.44,§53A, to receive unsolicited gifts from the Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU), as follows: (1) $3,500 to be deposited into a special gift fund account to be used, without further appropriation, by the Fire Chief towards costs associated with Student Awareness of Fire Education (SAFE) and Senior SAFE fire safety education programs of the Fire Department; and (2) $3,500 to be deposited into a special gift to be used, without further appropriation, by the Police Chief towards costs associated with senior citizen dinners, veterans breakfasts, anti-scam community training, departmental training for patrol and communications, and for full departmental meetings for awards and meals.
9. Executive Session: Collective Bargaining Strategy – MGL C.30A,§21(a)(3) – The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A,§21(a), clause (3), to go into executive session to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining with the Town’s unions, since an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining position of the Board; and not to convene in open session thereafter [Roll call vote: 5-0]
Reposted from the Littleton Town Administrator’s Blog: http://www.littletonma.org/content/19733/27031/39580/43742.aspx